Pregnant and Trying to Quit?
Are you an expectant mother who smokes? You know you want to quit smoking. And now you have a personal resource to learn how. The Colorado QuitLine has a special program to help pregnant women quit smoking during pregnancy and stay tobacco-free after the baby is born.
Here’s how the QuitLine can help you quit smoking:
The QuitLine has created a special program just for pregnant women.
- It’s a proven way to quit successfully.
- Your personal Quit Coach will help you design a quit plan just for you.
- It’s FREE and confidential.
- You get up to nine calls with your Quit Coach.
- You can receive text messages to remind you to stay quit.
- You earn REWARDS after every call that you can use to buy things for you and your baby.
Here’s what you can expect when you call:
When you first call the Colorado QuitLine, be sure to tell them that you are pregnant.
- Enrolling is fast and easy.
- You will be asked several basic questions.
- You will talk to your personal Quit Coach.
- You will start building a plan that’s right for you.
- Ask any questions you may have.
- Set up a schedule for future calls.
Here’s why quitting while you’re pregnant is so important:
Did you know?
- Smoking can slow down your baby’s growth.
- Smoking can cause you to deliver too soon.
You want your baby to be born healthy. By quitting, you’re making sure your baby is getting enough oxygen to grow.
For information about the health consequences of tobacco on you and your baby, click here.
Quit for your baby. Quit for you. And with our help, quit for good. Call the Colorado QuitLine today. 1-800-QUIT-NOW (1-800-784-8669)